Inventors & Companies
It is widely accepted that intellectual property is a business-critical asset that should be identified and protected and ultimately exploited. Still, many businesses and inventors often feel that the subject is too complex and too expensive, as found in a 2015 FSB survey where 44% of respondents felt spending money of IP was not a worthwhile investment. We strive to simplify the world of IP as well as focus on costs to encourage and make your investment in IP a satisfying and worthwhile activity.
The range of services we provde include:
- A lower cost, flexible service - houlry rate, retainer or fixed fee work packages
- Invention capture, prioritisation & review programmes
- pragmatic IP portfolio management, balancing costs vs. global scope of protection
- Aligning IP with R&D, and Commercial strategies, all tailored to your budget
- Patent Drafting and prosecution Support
- Access to a network of specialists, attorneys, funding/bid writers, etc.
Relevant expertise and accomplishments:
- Strong technical expertise in pharma/biotech, including formulation, drug delivery, devices, diagnostics, etc. plus herbals, nutraceuticals, mechanical/consumer goods, etc.
- 30 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, in a variety of technical, legal and commercial roles
- Named inventor on over 20 patents and patent applications - expertise covers the whole cycle of innovation, prosecution and enforcement/defence
- Built up a contract research company from scratch with my own funds, complete with laboratories and clean rooms, with a peak of 11 p/t and f/t staff (now rendered dormant)
- Successfully developed and self-funded a product from concept through to market - a unique sports recovery drink which was launched as an own-label brand by a major retailer
- Generated numerous IP landscapes and freedom to operate analyses which have supported financing/investment and/or grant applications, etc.
- Over 15 years’ experience in managing IP portfolios and external counsel
- Recently managed a caseload of over 275 patents, trademarks and designs for clients ranging from single inventors through to big pharma
- Drafted multiple invention disclosure forms and patent applications