IP Lawyers & Investors
We possess a combination of skills, expertise and an ability to bridge technical and legal issues which makes us truly unique. Being an accomplished inventor, entrepreneur, investor and IP management specialist, plus a good eye for an opportunity, ensures our input and interaction with add value.
We can assist via a selection of flexible services, including:
- Strategic and technical assistance in Litigation, Opposition and Appeal patent proceedings, acting as an "invisible friend"
- Discounted scientific/technical support via "white label" work packages, providing an independent, lateral-thinking perspective
- Prior art searching/review and "devil's advocacy" for assessing a case or portfolio's strength
- Expert witness services, including "in house" plus sourcing and screening of third party expert witnesses
- IP due diligence support, including: freedom to operate analysis, assessing strength of the portfolio, and ownership and enforceability
- Fresh thinking technology reviews and market intelligence to help determine competitive advantage prior to investment
Relevant expertise and accomplishments:
- Named inventor on over 20 patents and patent applications - expertise covers the whole cycle of innovation, prosecution and enforcement/defence
- Over 15 years’ experience in managing IP portfolios and external counsel
- 30 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector, in a variety of technical, legal and commercial roles
- Recently managed a caseload of over 275 patents, trademarks and designs for clients ranging from single inventors through to big pharma
- Intimately involved in numerous due diligence exercises - one resulted in a multi-million dollar acquisition
- Instrumental in many successful litigation proceedings, including over 30 EPO Oppositions and Appeals, two US Interferences, UK High Court, etc., several as an 'expert witness'
- Strong technical expertise in pharma/biotech, including formulation, drug delivery, devices, diagnostics, etc. plus herbals, nutraceuticals, mechanical/consumer goods, etc.
- Generated numerous IP landscapes and freedom to operate analyses which have supported financing/investment and/or grant applications, etc.
- Built up a contract research company from scratch with my own funds, complete with laboratories and clean rooms, with a peak of 11 p/t and f/t staff (now rendered dormant)
- Successfully developed and self-funded a product from concept through to market - a unique sports recovery drink which was launched as an own-label brand by a major retailer